Top 10 Comic Book Covers – Week 12/10/2014
Here are my choices for top comic book covers. As always there are way to many to pick from but these definitely got my attention!
As the Christmas season heads into the final 2 weeks I find myself struggling to find the time in between family, work, and blogging. I’ve been really enjoying the Deadpool’s Art of War covers and this one is no exception. Just something different to enjoy from the rest of the lot. I found the Harley Quinn cover to be very clean and colorful, hence easy on the eyes. Alice X Zhang’s Hexed cover was simply beautiful, both in color and facial detail.
Little Nemo caught my eye because as a child I was intrigued at how the endless maze design was created. Fascination peculated in my little boy mind at how such a thing could be created on a 2-D piece of paper. Here is the Wiki site if you are interested in M. C. Escher Relativity. Tyler Jenkins Peter Panzerfaust cover was nicely done; most are and Spider-Man and the X-Men cover by Skottie Young was cute in every way.
Squarriors is a new series by Devil’s Due, a company I thought went bankrupt. After investigating a bit more into where this story came from I found that it actually funded through a KickStarter initiative. I’m not sure of the content but judging from the cover which was campaign so be sure to check out the site. gruesome it must be a very violent in nature. It definitely caught my eye though, you know because rabies by itself is scary. Tack on squirrels acting like war mongrels you get something that’ll make any stomach churn. Valiant Entertainment is releasing a new 4-part miniseries called The Valiant and several variant covers were released for the first issue. Paolo Rivera’s regular cover provided a clean visual description of the characters that’ll be involved in the book. It will be interesting to see how the Eternal Warrior interacts with Bloodshot as I’ve heard from a few reviews that Bloodshot felt out of place, so we’ll see. Finally a Dark Horse cover made the list with X in that I felt the use of the flames really grabbed your attention.
To describe the reason why I picked the rather odd Sirens cover I grabbed the two sketch virgin variant covers. No words can describe the intricate detail that went into creating that cover except for the sketch variants. Take a look at the left variant and really exam what went into creating it and I think you’ll agree why I chose this as one of the top covers this week.
- George Perezs Sirens #2 Cover C Incentive George Perez Connecting Right Sketch Virgin Variant
- George Perezs Sirens #2 Cover D Incentive George Perez Connecting Left Sketch Virgin Variant
Top 10 List (Alphabetical Order…)
- Deadpools Art Of War #3 Scott Koblish
- George Perezs Sirens #2 Cover A Regular George Perez Wraparound
- Harley Quinn Holiday Special #1 Cover B Variant Amanda Conner New Years Eve
- Hexed Vol 2 #5 Cover B Variant Alice X Zhang
- Little Nemo Return To Slumberland #3 Cover A Regular Gabriel Rodriguez
- Peter Panzerfaust #22 Tyler Jenkins
- Spider-Man And The X-Men #1 Cover B Variant Skottie Young Baby
- Squarriors #1 Cover A Regular Ashley Witter
- The Valiant #1 Cover A Regular Paolo Rivera
- X Vol 2 #20 Eric Nguyen
*** SHOW ME YOUR FAVORITE COVERS! ***