Top 10 Comic Book Covers – Week 9/24/2014
Here are my choices for top comic book covers. As always there are way to many to pick from but these definitely got my attention!
Of course Greg Tocchini has made the list again I mean why wouldn’t it? Each cover is a work of art, seriously take a closer look and really take in what is happening. As for Pop #2, even though I didn’t like issue #1 and I’m skipping the rest of the series doesn’t mean the cover art is fantastic. Personally I just enjoy how Jason Copland uses the cover space in different way, thinking outside the box (…or cover). Fiona Staples is another winner here since I already enjoy her beautiful Saga covers.
New Avengers, Superman Doomed, and Red Sonja covers just look badass, don’t they? As for Storm I think David Yardin did a wonderful job at showing off Ororo Munroe’s real beauty seemingly at peace as she manipulates the lightning around her. Another at peace cover done well was Savage Wolverine #23 where a peaceful moment of James Howlett under the cherry blossom tree is captured by cover artists Declan Shavley and Jordie Bellaire.
I love the pure serenity of Tomb Raider #8 cover. It’s definitely of mine for the week. Finally we come to Samurai Jack and Genndy Tartakovsy’s variant rendition. Simply put, reminds me of the time I was watching Samurai Jack during the golden age of cartoons on Cartoon Network. I sometimes miss those time of mindless work, going to school, and only worrying about the rent, the car, and what’s to eat.
Top 10 List (Alphabetical Order…)
- Aliens Fire And Stone #1 Cover B Variant Fiona Staples
- Low #3 Greg Tocchini
- New Avengers Vol 3 #24 Cover A Regular Gabriele Dell Otto
- Pop #2 Jason Copland
- Red Sonja Vol 5 #12 Cover A Regular Jenny Frison
- Samurai Jack #12 Cover B Variant Genndy Tartakovsky Subscription
- Savage Wolverine #23 Declan Shavley and Jordie Bellaire
- Storm Vol 3 #3 Cover A Regular David Yardin
- Superman Doomed #2 Cover B Incentive Dan Jurgens Variant
- Tomb Raider Vol 2 #8 Derliz Santacruz & Andy Owens
*** SHOW ME YOUR FAVORITE COVERS! ***