Top 10 Comic Book Covers – Week 9/10/2014
Here are my choices for top comic book covers. As always there are way to many to pick from but these definitely got my attention!
I dunno but something about seeing Spider-Man in full gear looking at a mag, makes me think…hmm…he taking care of business? As for Dale Keown’s Avengers cover, I just like it. Very clean and the design pulls you in. I’m a huge fan of the current Valiant Entertainment series Archer & Armstrong and this weeks variant cover by Pia Guerra was pretty sweet. I also was able to pick up the Deadpool 3D New 52 Spoof incentive cover and should be arriving next week, I hope.
As for the ECCC inspired covers for 3 Boom series, I’m from Seattle and well, they just look damn cool and i have to support the ECCC as I’ll be attending this next year’s comicon. Spread made my list again and even though some might think I’m being a little unfair then let me explain. This cover regurgitated some deep dark scary episode I had when I was much younger from a certain Brad Pitt movie Seven. The gluttony scene was not a pleasant scene for me, need I say more?
Alex Ross did a wonderful job on the tribute cover for Marvel’s 75th year anniversary special. Finally another cover that triggered some deep dark fear of the movie Aliens, yes I’m talking about the sequel to Alien where the damn things were in the walls?!?! Christ man that freaked me out and I bet if I watched it again it would yield the same gut wrenching response.
Top 10 List (Not in order…)
- Amazing Spider-Man Vol 3 #6
- Archer & Armstrong Vol 2 #24 Cover B Incentive Pia Guerra Variant
- Dead Letters #1 Cover D ECCC Exclusive Variant
- Deadpool Vol 4 #34 Cover B Incentive Mark Brooks Special 3D Motion Variant
- Edge Of Spider-Verse #1 Cover B Incentive Greg Land Variant
- Herobear And The Kid Saving Time #1 Cover D ECCC Exclusive Variant
- Marvel 75th Anniversary Magazine Special #1 Cover B Alex Ross Fantastic Four
- Prometheus Fire And Stone #1 Cover B Variant Paul Pope
- Spread #3
- Avengers Vol 5 #34.1 Cover A Regular Dale Keown