In my previous posts I talked about how I store my collection and what materials I use to preserve my books. I wanted to provide some of the retailers that I’ve personally purchased from. Let me know if you’ve also purchased from any of these retailers and how your experience with them was. Pricing would also be nice as it’s hard to find dealers that price their items fairly; that includes overall shipping costs.
Hobbies Depot: Main Site
Hobbies Depot: eBay Store Front: I usually default to buying any Poly bags, cardboard comic boxes, or BCW comic book extenders from this eBay store simply because of the price and free shipping.
- Usually free shipping at eBay store front and free shipping on all orders over $25 in continental USA for retailer web site.
- Usually the only place I can both find and get the BCW Deluxe Acrylic Comic Book Display without breaking the bank.
Columbia Sports: eBay Store Front: I usually default to buying any Poly-bags, cardboard comic boxes, or BCW comic book extenders from this eBay store simply because of the price and free shipping.
- They reside in Washington and have slightly cheaper prices than Hobbies Depot. However I too live in Washington thus required to pay sales tax. That means I usually end up buying from Hobbies Depot because of the absence of sales tax.
Comic Supply: No matter what you hear about the owner or the store in general from others I want to make sure everyone knows that I’ve not had any issues with them. I’ve personally chatted with the owner and he told me that most of the issues voiced by others are because of delivery times since he has no control over how and when E-Gerber delivers their products. He also can run into inventory issues with the Microchamber Archival Paper since he contracts a 3rd party to cut and bag the product. His restocking of the product is tied to the number of previous orders for previous months so cut them some slack.
- Best prices out there hands down on any E. Gerber products. I just wish they would resume accepting PayPal again!
- One of the few sites where you can buy Microchamber Archival Paper.
BCW: A little more expensive but can find items not normally found on other sites.
Mill Case: I only have 5 of these thus far so it’s definitely a specialty item and I was able to pick a 5-pack up from The Container Store. I’m not sure if they sell them anymore but they seem to have a section for the organization of collectables.
Amazon: I don’t have any specific Amazon store to buy from but if you have a Prime Membership Account then free shipping is the way to go and you can usually find stuff up here cheaper than the brick and mortar store.
Comic Collecting On A Budget (Part 1 of 4)
Comic Collecting On A Budget – Materials (Part 2 of 4)
Comic Collecting on a Budget (Part 3) Retailers
Comic Collecting On A Budget – Alt. Retailers (Part 4 of 4)